While the health of your entire body remains the number one concern for any individual, having a healthy-looking skin is one thing that every single individual desire. It’s for this reason that there are multiple morning and evening skin routines that people try to form a part of their daily habit. In this blog, we are talking about one of such things will reap great benefits for your skin - drinking lemon tea and washing your face with lemon tea.
Further reading: Benefits of having lemon tea with honey
You might wonder, why lemon tea? Well, to answer that, let’s just get into details of why lemon is so great for your skin’s health. While lemons are always delightful and well known for their amazing anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, their richness is Vitamin C is the number one reason why they are so great for the skin. This is because it is one of the best citrus fruits that exist in the world. Along with Vitamin C, it also has magnesium and potassium which help in maintaining good health for the skin, hair, and nails. The biggest benefit of lemon is that it helps in flushing out all the toxins from the body, which unsurprisingly works really well for your skin.
Skin health is a reflection of your overall health. Overall, lemon is great for your skin because it really helps in promoting overall health for your body and these are the topmost benefits:
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps in fighting free radicals that are harmful to the body. Because of being able to fight these free radicals, it helps in promoting an even-toned healthy skin and Vitamin C in general boosts the overall immune system as well which prevents common skin diseases and ailments.
- Lemon is a great skin astringent. It helps in closing the pores and that makes the skin appear tight, smooth and healthy.
- Lemons are great for preventing dandruff and flaky scalp because of its antiseptic qualities. Lemon is also a great exfoliator which helps in removing the dead cells. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities of lemon and helpful in soothing skin irritations and acne problems that are caused due to dandruff.
- Having a glass of water with lemon in the morning is considered so good for health because it’s a great detoxifier for the liver. It also supplies the body with the minerals that it requires and makes you feel super radiant.
- The juice of a lemon is a natural alkalizing agent which helps to maintain a steady pH balance in the body. This is again very important for your skin’s health.
Lemon tea is a great health drink for your skin because of these amazing properties of lemon. But apart from drinking lemon tea, there are a lot of benefits of using lemon tea to wash your face as well. Because what can be better than applying it directly to your skin?
While the market is full of beauty products that claim to be made from natural ingredients, a lot of them are contained artificial elements that are not good for regular use. While lemon is good for skin, applying it directly on the skin might be too harsh. So, it’s better to make lemon tea and then apply on skin for great skin health.
Lemon along with the host of anti-oxidants present in tea work to remove the free radicals which are responsible for skin ageing and even skin cancer.
Here are a few benefits that you can see of washing your face regularly with lemon tea.
1. Lemon tea helps in removing acne
There is nothing that people hate more than the breakout of pimples and acne. They are the worst enemy of clean healthy skin. Here’s where lemon tea comes to the rescue. Lemon tea, because of its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties helps in fighting acne by preventing the bacteria that causes it. So if you are struggling with acne problems, you can consider giving it a try!
2. Lemon tea helps in removing blackheads
After acne and pimples, blackheads are the most common cause of irritation for the skin. They are often stubborn and it causes great disappointment when you are unable to get rid of them. Lemon tea, because of its anti-bacterial properties is helpful and prevention as well as removal blackheads when used regularly.
3. Lemon helps in regulating oil for people with oily screen
Oily skin creates a lot of problems for people, especially in hot and humid weather. Lemon tea helps in regulating oil content in lemon tea. It’s simple to make it a part of daily skin routine. Just apply lemon tea with the help of cotton swab gently to your skin and then wipe the face gently after a while. This will help you get rid of impurities and dirt along with maintaining a fresh and radiant skin.
4. Lemon tea helps in fighting black spots
Black spots often form on the skin due to increased sun exposure. They are quite visible and are sometimes accompanied by pigmentation. Using lemon tea on the skin can help in gradually getting rid of these spots. Though it is a very gradual process, it will be visible after regular use.
5. Lemon tea as a normal cleanser and toner
Lemon tea is widely known for its cleansing properties. But did you know that you could make its cleansing action work like magic for your skin too? And because lemon helps in closing the pores, lemon tea works as a great combination of cleanser and toner. You can gently scrub it against your skin to let it remove all the impurities.
Now that you are convinced of the benefits of lemon tea for your skin, here are some amazing recipes involving lemon tea for you to try.
Where can I buy tea to prepare the best lemon tea?
Pure Ceylon Green Tea is available at teakruthi.
This tea comes from Sri Lanka’s famous Nanu Oya region. History of the region dates back to the time of the popular Indian epic Ramayana. As the legend goes the Sri Lankan king, Ravana, kidnapped the princess, Sita, and hid her in caves in the surrounding area. Later, in 1896, the first tea seeds were planted in the Nanu Oya District. Since then, the superiority of teas grown on this single estate has set them far above the rest — literally. At an elevation of between 1,402–1,950m, this high grown tea has spent its life on top of the world.
teakruthi’s Mythical Green blend appears yellow in colour and boasts a mild, roasted flavour that will earn it a permanent place in your cup.
A vast range of options for pure Ceylon black tea is available at teakruthi. You can choose either of them based on your strength and flavour preferences.
Both green tea and black tea can be used to prepare lemon tea though it tastes better with black tea.
30% OFF your first teakruthi order with code MYTEA